Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #11
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn0 View Post
I was white knuckling it just like you and was looking for anything and everything. Ultimately, I completed the following and have been very happy with the ride since then.

1. Get an alignment
2. Make sure your tires are inflated correctly based on your weight
3. Completed the CHF (front and rear)
4. Install a Safe T Plus Steering stabilizer

Between the CHF and the Safe T Plus, my ride dramatically improved. I was also going to look into Sumo Springs but have been pretty happy with its performance that I decided to spend that money elsewhere. Best of luck.
Same experience with our ACE 30.1 - we had problems with the coach being light in the front and wandering, very sensitive to trucks passing and almost uncontrollable in winds.

I've done all of the above plus replacing the stock Bilstein shocks with Koni FSD's and installed a SuperSteer rear track bar. The improvement was dramatic. I think the Koni's and track bar made much of the improvement. The Koni's stopped the porpoising and the track bar has eliminated most of the effects of passing trucks. The 30.1 has the water tanks behind the rear wheels, so I got lots of tail wag. I think I may go the full monty and add SumoSprings later this year.

When I had the coach aligned, Ford decided that I needed 95 psi in the tires. Not a good thing as the overinflated tires made the coach handle poorly. The Thor sticker says 82 psi, which seems to be about right. I haven't had the coach weighed yet to verify this but at the lower air pressure, things improve.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum