Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 04:36 AM   #12
acustis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Washington
THOR #7426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaluigi View Post
Took the Vegas in since it is still under warranty. They diagnosed it as a "faulty diverter." A diverter is techspeak for 'faucet.' They installed a new 'diverter.' I still have yet to review their work and remain cautious.

BTW one service advisor told me on the phone that warranty service authorizations can take up to six weeks to clear before an owner can retrieve the vehicle. Sounds like a bonehead fearplay to discourage an owner from their rights under a one-year warranty. If that's the case, I wonder if Thor would be willing to extend the warranty for the time the rig is in the shop.

Let me get this right. The dealer who you bought the motorhome from wants you to keep your motorhome at their shop for six weeks while they wait for warranty authorization? What a joke and shame on the dealer for having such a poor business model. Make sure you say their name so others don't make a mistake and buy from these guys!

How about they fix it, document it properly, charge the manufacturer a reasonable rate and submit it for warranty without you waiting at all and involving you in their antics? If they don't like their policy for authorization, they shouldn't sell them! These dealers could sell ten times the amount they do now by customer referrals alone if they just TOOK CARE of the end customer. Always an excuse, just fix the problem! They need to start looking at these issues as an opportunity to gain a customer for life.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.