Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 02:40 PM   #7
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Pirate View Post
Mike in AZ,

...As it stands now, here's what we are planning :

Platinum Protection Systems (exterior and interior protection) supposed to be some kind of teflon polymer protection stuff for around $2300. I'll apply my own protectant as needed and we have full body paint, so ... a Big fat NO on that one.
Agree on this one - not convinced these do anything - the dealers do push it hard.

Quote:
Cornerstone Extended Service Agreement- $5628/5yrs ($1125/yr) $200 deductible ($150 if General RV does the work) Gonna pass on this for now and find one during the first year depending on what problems we may encounter during the first year.
Initially said yes - changed my mind to no - and went with external plan later.

Quote:
Coach Net (RV technical and roadside assistance) Probably gonna do this one for $795/5yrs ($159/yr) Supposed to give us 24/7 tech assistance, roadside assistance, etc. Plus it gives a discount on labor when being serviced at General RV stores where we are purchasing it. It also applies to personal vehicles... Gonna give this one a shot and see how it works.
I got this 'free' for first year (nothing is free - I paid for it somewhere) - renewed once.. thought I renewed a second time - then tried to use the service... Wasn't impressed with their customer service - and when I did get to talk to a tech for a slide issue, he wasn't able to help... Call to Thor's 800 number got me better support.
Switched to Good Sams Roadside now...

Quote:
Tire Shield pays for the tire in the event of a flat. This along with Coach Net roadside should take care of any tire issues. $1159/5 yrs ($232/yr)
Good Sams extended service has a tire option - I use that along with their roadside for full coverage.. (Doesn't cover worn out tires - must have tread "to lincoln's head"... Not generally an issue on RV.
Quote:
Also, any experiences dealing with General RV ?? Good , Bad, Ugly?
I also bought my last RV from General RV in Brownstown... Good experience with sales person and service manager... Sales person retired a month later - and service manager moved to Florida to open their Tampa location (which Ed Felker used)... Since you are in FL - you may benefit from that as well.

I found very different policies by location...
Brownstown doesn't take service appointments - you bring it in, and they keep it till they get to it...
White Lake (also in MI and actually closer to where I lived at the time) takes appointments but they are booked weeks out.
Tampa (per Ed) takes a limited number of 'first come first serve' clients each day - in addition to appointments - which I personally like (but still a couple of hours from me now).

I had most work done in White Lake after initial delivery... Other than having to call to prompt them to get my RV into the service bay and look at it after having it a week - I was happy with their service. They did correct all the issues and worked with the extended service company.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.