Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 04:23 PM   #10
Muggs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
RVs are not the only victims of high winds. My old minivan, Nissan Versa and even the Altima I now use as commuter car get pushed by wind gusts. We are in T-Storm season here in South Florida and I had to slow on way home at 5 AM due to gusts from T-Storm this morning. The only vehicle we have that is somewhat impervious to wind is the Suburban. It does not seem to bother by much of anything.

The Vegas does well overall but we do allow extra time when on a race schedule. Last trip home from Fort Wilderness, heavy gusts slowed us to 50 to 55 MPH. No issue, we are on vacation.

We travel according to conditions. I am surprised at how many either slow to near nothing and turn flashers on or act like they are on NASCAR track and weave in and out at the first sign of rain drops.

I do plan on adding heavy sway bars to Vegas later in year. I think it will help resistance to wind and passing trucks. But it is not anywhere near critical. We will be heading to NC/Tenn with grandson in a couple weeks. I expect the Vegas will do fine on Blue Ridge Parkway. I been in the rolling hills just East of there and it did fine.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum