Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 01:04 AM   #15
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
I would suggest a level of caution when it comes to the "extras" that the dealership will want to sell you to make you "feel safer".... Our dealer tried to sell us the Tryon (sp?) safety wheel rings... something that is supposed to make a blowout safer... read up on it a year ago and forgot the specifics already... Lots of extra money and a real waste of money in my opinion. Here was one we were hooked into because I thought I was getting something special like a Teflon coating that would really mean something... PermaPlate finish on the exterior. I am embarrassed to say what I paid for it so I'll leave it up to your imagination. One year later in the SoCal sun and the top of our front cap is heavily oxidized anyway. They are supposed to cover oxidation but it looks like the company has already changed ownership so we will see. if I had to do it over again I would have saved that money to pay for a yearly detailing job. Suggest you do your research on each extra and don't be afraid to share on this forum. Good luck and good travels.
Interesting development when it comes to the PermaPlate warranty we purchased with our 2016 Axis. Filed a claim a few months back because the top of the front cap became severely faded. A contractor came out and he buffed and waxed. A few weeks later it looks like it wasn't touched. Just talked to PermaPlate today and they want me to get estimates to have the front cap painted. I will let you know how this whole thing proceeds.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.