Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 03:20 PM   #3
99dart

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill/Kathy View Post
Any advice to set up our coach for dry camping? We’ve had to avoid some very nice state and national park CG’s because of the need for electric.

Our coach is equipped with Optima Blue Top D34’s 4 months old, a Xantrex Pro XM-1800 inverter with auto generator start and remote panel, and a solar panel – 15W (?) - that provides a trickle charge to the batteries.

The frig has a lot to like but that one con is big.
We are in the same quandary as you. The wife & I just purchased our 2016 WS31 w/residential fridge, so don't know what to expect. I just changed out the dead pair of factory 12v batteries for 2 Intersate 6v deep cycle. We shall see how they hold up next week.
Something I read somewhere was, the owners were turning the fridge off at night. They said it was holding temp very well. Then starting it again during the day when they could run the generator.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.