Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Batteries!
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:30 PM   #21
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1912 View Post
My question is...will one of the lithiums work from technical standpoint?
FWIW ... I did go look at the Battleborn 100 battery page and based on their data you should be perfectly ok to drop that in. Do note that the BMS is output limited to 100A so if you intend to run an inverter driving a coffee maker or microwave you'll need 2 in parallel. The really good news is they specifically claim parallel configurations are how to achieve output doubling of their battery.

My only question/reservation is how well/efficiently that BMS handles receiving a constant float voltage 24x7? I have this question because my RV is plugged in during storage. A good BMS will peak out the charge and only supply charge to cells again once below say 95% or so. This reduces the wear/degradation caused by continuous on/off peaking some cheaper BMS's employ.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum