Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: autolevelers
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 01:57 PM   #19
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Owners shouldn't have to reengineer the coach by adding more batteries - again bad design , engineering. We are being ripped off by an industry that just doesn't care
When I look at what I paid for my Axis and what I got, I have to be happy with the overall result, even if I have had to add, reengineer and fix multiple things in the coach. In the Axis/Vegas, Thor attempted to build an RV that they could sell for under $70k and make a profit. Overall, I think they have done an amazing job. That is not to say that I was happy with the quality control in my first 2014 Vegas, which was one of the early ones produced when Thor was putting them out as fast as they could to meet the demand. That was still no excuse for the shoddy work. Even with that, with a lot of my time and a little money I ended up with an RV that was just about perfect for us and drove it 24,000 miles in two years including to Alaska and back with no major issues that I could not fix myself. I must have really liked the Vegas because when I tried to upgrade to a little larger and more expensive model, we could not find anything that we liked, even when we were willing to pay $10-20k more. I ended up buying a new Axis because of the many improvements Thor had made and the fact that it was on an E-450 chassis with the 6 sp transmission. I was much happier with the overall quality of the Axis over the previous Vegas. I've owned multiple boats (Sea Rays to Beneteaus) and four RVs and even buying quality products I have found that I still had to modify and fix things on them. I think we have all been spoiled by the car industry. I remember when buying a new Ford or Chevy was like buying an RV. You just expected to take it back to the car dealer and get multiple things fixed in the first weeks and to repair things that broke after the year warrantee ran out. The Japanese changed all that for Americans. Now we expect a car to run perfectly out the showroom door and not have any repairs except for oil changes for 50k miles. The RV world is not there yet. If you read other forums, even the much more expensive models seem to have their problems, much like Thor.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum