Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Front Cap Oxidation

Hello All,
I thought I should start a new thread on this issue. We purchased the "PermaPlate" exterior finish warranty on our 2016 Axis 24.1. Our coach does sit outside, uncovered here in Southern California. I noticed early this year that the top of the front cap was fading when I was doing some research to replace the roof clearance lights with LEDs. I filed a claim with PermaPlate, they sent a contractor out to do a buff and wax. The finish returned to its faded look within weeks. PermaPlate sent the contractor out to document the issue. Last week, I was told by PermaPlate that they would pay to have the entire front cap painted. I am in the process of getting an estimate for the job. I paid a lot of money for this coverage so I thought I would let all of you know how this process is working. More to follow.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.