Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Trailoring
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #9
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobia13 View Post
I can only assume it is with out dolly . I plan on using a dolly with front wheels off the ground . As the car is front wheel drive the rear wheels have to be free wheeling except for braking . I can't believe I couldn't get a firm answer from Lincoln that yes you can do this and not that .
I can't believe you couldn't find it in your owners manual:

"If you tow your vehicle with all four wheels on the ground:
  • Tow only in the forward direction.
  • Release the parking brake.
  • Place the vehicle in Neutral Tow mode by doing the following: Put the ignition in accessory mode (ignition on, engine off). See Keyless Starting. Select the neutral tow option in the information display. When prompted by the information display, press the brake pedal and select Neutral on the transmission. Make sure the parking brake is off. If done successfully, a confirmation message appears in the display. Shut the ignition off. See Keyless Starting. If the process is completed successfully, the N on the transmission slowly blinks and a confirmation message appears in the display.
  • Do not exceed 113 km/h.
  • Start the engine and allow it to run for one minute at the beginning of each day. With the engine running and your foot on the brake, shift into position D and then into position R before shifting back into position N. "

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.