Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 11:22 PM   #49
vmyoung61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #7569
If you look, I believe every RV manual will state that it's not intended for full-time use. Even the ones they call "four season" RVs say that. That said - there are an awful lot of full-timers. We were for 3 1/2 years and loved it.

Just keep in mind. They ALL have their issues. It doesn't matter if it's a pop-up camper or a $1M bus. If you buy new, there will be bugs to work out. If you can find one a year or two old, that has been taken care of, most things should be "fixed."

Someone once told me - " Imagine your house going thru a constant earthquake. That's what these RVs go thru every time you haul/drive them down the road.

We had never done any RVing until we bought our first TT and moved in. 7 weeks later, we traded for our first of two fivers. I loved it! The only reason we bought another house is because hubby wanted one. I could have lived in the camper for the rest of my life.

We now have a motorhome. All ours were new when we bought them, so we have been thru 4 shake downs. It's just part of it. We have learned a lot from forums. Some things, we just fix ourselves, because it's easier than waiting on service. Especially in FL during the snowbird season. It can take months to get an appointment.

I say "Go for it!" I am hoping we never have to give it up.

Good Luck!

Gina

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum