Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 12:50 AM   #51
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Well said, I feel the same, it is a price point issue. Im somewhat surprised at some of the minor QA/QC issues that escaped Thor but I love the unit overall and especially for the price. If I could have afforded a $200K Phaeton maybe it would have been perfect but not as drivable! This Forum has been an invaluable resource for learning about my purchase and resolving issues and I am very grateful for all who contribute!
Wife and I are looking for our first RV, which is why I'm reading this thread. Thought I would comment on this, as I've seen my share of similar comments about Tiffin's. I've spent some time in my sister's Phaeton as we've made a couple trips with them. They absolutely love it. But, my guess is that they have spent 6-8 weeks in Red Bay in the five or so years they've owned it. Including quite a few fairly major repairs and others that should be done but will require wholesale ripping out of the interior. They've had leaks. I think flooring replaced. It's a very long list.

Now, supposedly, they were unlucky enough to buy the coach when the old man had retired and the son running things and now the father is back in charge. And, even though they are four plus years out of warranty, they have been making repairs free of charge.

Then again, I just read on another forum that Tiffen's repair center is so backed up that they have instituted an official policy to no longer due no charge repairs of out of warranty work on coaches over four years old or a second owner. So, on the on hand, they have been covering out of warranty repairs, but that's been necessary because they have so many problems that were clear manufacturing defects that weren't caught or possibly repaired before the warranty expired.

All of that said, I'm considering a Vegas and all that I read about Thor quality has me pretty nervous. Not that Forest River has a much better name, and when I walked though Winnies on a lot, they fit and finish was horrible with trim falling off and the like.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum