Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 02:31 PM   #9
scottb34J

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntherooad View Post
The inverter running the fridge will require a lot of battery and run them down pretty quickly. Can you set your generator to come on at a certain voltage? Don't believe your house batteries are charged by driving. I have dual house batteries with a switch so I can use one or both at the same time. I usually alternate between the 2. Yes you can drive with the generator running.

I have the Hurricane 34J and the house battery's do charge while driving. You can see the voltage go up from 12 to 14 on the inverter panel by the door. I would make sure you don't have the battery switch in the store mode. As this will not allow you to charge the battery's with either the alternator or the gennie. This looks like a good time to try out the Thor concierge hot line.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.