Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 03:16 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I studied internal combustion engines as part of my formal engineering education (not claiming to be an expert but know more than most on how they work) and there is nothing about the V10 that tells me these engines like to rev. Scream, as in make lots of noise at high RPMs, is a more accurate description. I've owned a couple and driven many more and they all sound horrible at high RPMs. I'm personally looking forward to Ford replacing them with a truck-specific V8.

Given the V10's power and torque curves, there isn't that much to gain by reving them at high RPMs anyway. By 3,500 RPMs you're going to get most of what's available, particularly for the 2-valve engine; and the 3-valve isn't that different.

Like Joe, I'd rather slow down a little than put up with the noise.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum