Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 11:56 PM   #19
djcarter

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Colorado
THOR #7174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntherooad View Post
Yes, voltmeter is number one tool. Start at the pedestal, end of the cord that plugs into the rv, to the transfer switch etc. once my power went out after I had to reset the pedestal breaker a couple times. Come to find out the wire going into the receptacle on the side of the rv that you plug the cord into was loose causing high amps. It finally got hot enough to burn into leaving us with no power at all. The generator worked but not pedestal power. Pull the receptacle out and skinned back the wire to new and tightened it down. I believe with all the vibration and moving these things do things get loose. You just have to start at one end and work your way through.
Exactly what the tech on the phone said just start at the pedestal and work you way in

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.