Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
Sli22sli

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5526
Battery Discharging Issue

I have a 2016 Axis 24.1 with 8000 miles on it. I've had it for about 6 months and have not had an engine battery discharge issue until yesterday. I had not started it for 6 weeKs. The house batteries are charged. I found the 100 amp breaker tripped?? and reset it. The battery was completely discharged - 3.5 volts. I tried the bypass switch on the panel with no success. I tried to plug it in to shore power but the converter did not charge the battery for the 30 minutes I watched it. I tried to boost the battery with my battery booster - it tried but not enough juice. Finally I used long heavy duty starting cables and used a house battery under the middle entry step and it started right up. I ran it for an hour and a half and the alternator seemed to charge the battery correctly. Today I'll check the battery to see if it's holding charge.

Has anyone had engine battery discharge issues with the Axis 24.1? I think it's something that's discharging it. Any idea's about what it may be? There's not much room above the engine battery but has any one installed a battery cut off switch, if so, what kind and wher was it installed?

Thanks. Sli22sli

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.