Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Storage Cover
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 01:43 PM   #22
Mike in AZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I tried using a cover years ago on one of our other coaches, did not like the results. No matter how tightly you strap it down the wind will find a way. Had a hole where the ladder meets the roof even though I had padded it and made sure the cover was tight. Paint on the coach was scuffed at all four corners.

After my bad experience I started using covers on the roof ACs only, keeps leafs and crud out, I also cover the wheels. Before storage I used good quality wash and wax and that's it. Quick wash in the spring and ready to go. Did this when we lived in Indiana and got fair amounts of winter snow.
Thanks Dave. I bought tire covers and have them on, the hot AZ sun can be brutal on tires that aren't moving for prolonged periods. I am concerned about the wear on the paint, but wife insists we can tighten the straps and it won't be a problem. But we have enough plans for using the coach for now that she's not in a hurry. Hoping to meet some folks at CG's to talk to. 26 years married, and she still accepts things more readily coming from random strangers than from me!
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum