Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Hide-A-Spare
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 11:51 PM   #10
Mike in AZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druff View Post
The Challenger comes with aluminum wheels. They are not the same all over. Just the outside wheels are aluminum that means there are three different wheels. But a steel wheel should fit any location in an emergency, or You could carry a spare tire only and a tire place can change them on the side of the road if you have the tire, they have the tools. Our class C's all have the same wheels with hubcaps, much easier to have a spare. Mine actually came with one underneath. I moved it to the back bumper so it is easier to get at, and I could display my Disney Campground tire cover.
We have the Good Sam road assistance, I believe Camping World gives them free with new buys. So I'd never try to change a flat myself, but have read it's good to carry a spare in case the service folk wherever we are don't have one.

So did I read you correctly, you're saying if I have a 22" tire only, the service truck that responds should be able to strip the flat from its rim, put the spare on that rim (regardless which wheel it is), and fill it up and I'm on the road again?
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.