Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Retiring soon
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 03:23 PM   #5
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmetheboss View Post
Hi everyone! I'm Elaine and will be retiring in a couple more years. I thought I would get a jump on the forums early so I can learn. I'm planning on purchasing the Vegas 25.2. How does everyone like theirs. Is it easy to go shopping a break camp? How about boondocking? I will be a full timer.

Welcome to the forum! We traded a 33' Class A for a 2016 Vegas 25.2 just over 2 years ago, and call it our Goldilocks coach, not too big, not too small, just right (for us and the way we travel)!

We wouldn't consider a corner bed, and really like the walk around queen and bigger shower that the 25.2 has. We pull a small car four down (no dolly) and the Vegas has served us well for long trips and short.

I have a checklist for trip preparation, and another one for departure. Breaking camp is easier with a list, and only takes a few minutes.

You can search for previous comments on boondocking. If you are asking about a night in a truck stop, rest area, store or restaurant parking lot, there are mixed opinions. We have slept in front of many WMts and Cracker Barrels, and saved a lot of money.

There are several forums and blogs devoted to living and traveling full time in an RV. You'll learn a lot from them!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.