Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 02:15 AM   #1
TxTig

Model: Challenger LX
State: Arkansas
THOR #6651
Onan Generator Problem

My wife and I left on a four to five week trip earlier this week in our 2017 Challenger. We live in Texas, so I was running the generator while we we were underway to keep the coach cool in our Texas heat. But, after a short while driving with the generator running, one of the 30 amp breakers tripped, taking out the front A/C unit and the fridge. I reset the breaker, but the problem continued, generally within 30 minutes to an hour of resetting the breaker. At the end of our second day, we were in Hot Springs, AR and I gave Thor a call to discuss the problem. After agreeing that it was probably a bad breaker, the Thor Rep put me in touch with a Cummins/Onan service facility in Little Rock. The Cummins Rep (Zach) couldn't have been more helpful and scheduled us for a service visit the next day. We arrived around 9:30 am and Zach greeted us and got our coach into a service bay right away. The wife and I then went to breakfast and made a stop at a nearby Camping World to pick up an item we needed. By the time we got back to Cummins (around noon) they were just finishing up with replacing the breaker and testing it to ensure that the problem was fixed. We were soon underway again.

While it's not pleasant running into problems on the road, I was really surprised and pleased by the level of service by both Thor and Cummins. Hats off to them!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.