Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Moving On
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 02:53 PM   #26
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Thanks Joe. This is what we and you call FUBAR when all these issues happen on the first trip out of the driveway. They will all get fixed no doubt. Doesn't mean I cant rage in here so I don't kill someone elsewhere! Retired businessman, teacher, army so I'm no snowflake and know how to fix things some people never heard of. Point is we shouldn't have to. America has learned to pay more for less and ignore pride and quality in workmanship. At least in the RV industry. Food for thought.
You are correct Bill, and I mean no disrespect on my original post. The RV dealers are parking new products on their lots which show MSRP of $165,000 after they actually pay the company between $80,000 and $90,000 for them. Then they have a huge "sale" price on them and mark them down to $135,000 and people flock in to buy their brand new $165,000 shiny new RV at a discount. Actually they are buying a product that was produced, including profit, for less than $90,000 so they just paid some RV retailer $45,000 dollars.

Chance is right about the low quality issues and the fact that people just keep buying these RVs. We only made the mistake of purchasing one new RV, from then on we have always looked for 2 or 3 year old units. We have had much better luck, price wise and quality wise, by purchasing good used units.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum