Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Moving On
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 06:41 PM   #27
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
One last "general" thought on this quality debate and them I'm moving on also.

I think it is absolutely correct that people are much more likely to express complaints than satisfaction with products (whether communicating on internet or not), but I see that as a good thing. Almost necessary in my opinion.

If that were not the case, an unacceptable failure or defect rate could be loss in the reporting background noise.

As an example, I installed over a dozen manufacturing lines where defects could be no more than 1 or 2 per 10,000 (can't recall all details). Minimum success rate was therefore like 9,998 out of 10,000.

Imagine that even if failures were reported 10 times more frequently than successes, the reported numbers would still be highly skewed towards good product even when failure rates were unacceptably high. When allowed defects are only 2 out of 10,000, even if unacceptable product was reported 100 times more frequently, it may still not equal praise for good product.

I do agree with those who often mention that people are more likely to bitch and complain about bad experiences than praise good ones, but even so, if defects and failure rates were as low as they should be, we wouldn't be seeing so many of them proportionally.

I'm just saying I'm not as quick to dismiss quality problems as some are just because of reporting bias. I know there is bias, but it doesn't preclude poor quality.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.