Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 03:37 AM   #4
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogday51 View Post
I have a 2017 Freedom Elite, 30FE. I do not put water in the fresh water tank when camping and it is usually empty when I go on a trip. When I am at a campground, it connect my water hose to their water supply. However, I have noticed that each time I get ready to leave, there is water in the fresh water tank. Maybe about 1/2 gallon but enough to be concerned. Anyone with similar concerns?
Are you using a water regulator? I've experienced something similar, were water would "leak" into the tank while camping. I've chalked it up to the water pressure being too high, and sneaking by the valve into the tank. In both cases, on the previous trips, I had been at campgrounds with low water pressure. I use an adjustable water regulator, typically set to 45-50 psi. If the service supply is low, I can adjust the pressure up.

On the very next trip I was at a campground with really good pressure, I didn't adjust down on the regulator. While checking my levels a day or so later, I noticed the fresh water level was at 2/3. I typically keep approx 15-20 gallons of travel water in my tank, for toilet flushes, washing hands ice maker etc.

If you are not using a regulator, then this could be the source of the water seeping into your fresh tank. If you are using a regulator then the bypass valve may need to be replaced.

Happy camping!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum