Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 07:09 PM   #18
2 Trail Hikers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: South Carolina
THOR #7750
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk34techrep View Post
I thought led light bars were illegal to use on the highway...
It really depends on the state. And how you have it wired. Dot says fog lamps must turn off on high beam. I can't remember the height limits for lighting from dot. The bars over the windshield are illegal. Answer I got from a schp trooper is they don't worry about them if they are mounted below the headlights and aimed in line or below the headlamp pattern. I plan to wire the relay into the foglamp output circuit so it will meet dot specs and have an auxiliary switch in the circuit to disconnect the signal from the fog lamp output to the relay. This will not be used except when traversing dark desolate roads. As for the highways it's really not needed in my opinion. I'm sure we will get pulled over in a state that does not allow them if we don't use it with due regard to other drivers. Like some of the county kids around us running them above the windshield.
2 Trail Hikers is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum