Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 05:16 AM   #3
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowRun View Post

So Happy-so happy-- so after weeks and literally months of reading forums and ads and suggestions about RV monitoring with temp/pet camera possibilities we found a gem! So wanted to share in case you are looking too!
Canary- home security----do NOT believe everything you read on Amazon as far as the reviews--yes it has a subscription if you cjhoose but otherwise it is free.....went to the Verizon Store to upgrade our phones and re-check services----asked this very techy guy about temp camera possibles-showed him my amazon bookmarks for monitoring, etc- he laughed...look over here at this he said--take it home..play with it you have 14 days...okay- we are somewhat savvy for IT...we have been playing with it for 3 days now---what a gem! Too lengthy to go into details--but well worth the 189.00---will hook to your IPhone or Android- can take to different camp sites/WI-fi or your own hot spot if boon docking...,,just know that it is pretty seamless...I called them to ask a few questions about tweaking when I move from the house to the RV for trips- what a refreshing Customer Service Person!!!! helpful----patient and said they are available 24/7....unlike other Cust Serv depts we know!! LOL So take it camping...take it home and use it take it to Grandma's...take it to the garage- does not matter if you have wifi!!(or an Ethernet connection but who has that traveling!?)
So if we have two iPhones with hotspot capability we can leave one phone with the canary and use the other iPhone to check the temperature is that correct?
Thanks for the help we are looking for something when we leave our dogs in the coach.

Kev

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.