Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Rest Stops
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #21
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in AZ View Post
That's the case with us now, Chance. We are going to visit relatives in OH, so the traveling part is really just to get there.

To be honest, I'd probably do it more often even on vacation if I had a generator like on previous motorhome. When "traveling" for just a couple of days to get to family, we don't bother packing as much, and plan eating out on the road. After dinner I normally drive until 10 PM to midnight before stopping to sleep; and don't like pulling into campgrounds that late at night. Rest areas are just much more convenient for a quick stop to sleep.

Longer trips are much different for us because we don't like eating out too often, and unfortunately need electric power to prepare most meals, and also for air conditioning.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.