Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 01:37 PM   #10
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrV View Post
We had the same issue, but my DH could not handle using the bikes after a tiring day in the parks. Divesting of the bikes we purchased the Cricket (I believe they have a few models with different power/range features) and carry it on a hitch platform. Yes, it is expensive (there are some used ones for sale you could find) but it solves the problem of being tired and alert enough to ride the bikes. They are cheaper than golf carts, even used ones.

The mini golf cart is technically a personal mobility device--our model has no brake pedal, and has a top speed of 10-12 mph depending on the weight of the passenger(s). We have used ours in at least 15 states as we travel cross the country with it. We use it on sidewalks, and try to avoid using it on streets, but we have where the sidewalks were blocked. We have had NO issues using it, even past officers directing traffic. Only stopped once in the Florida Keys, and after showing it had no brake pedal we went on our merry way. So, even though $$$, we use it regularly, so it has been worth it and we would buy again if given the option.

We also carry in our basement a folding electric scooter (ours even comes apart into several pieces for ease of traveling with it) which my DH takes into the parks so he has more energy to spend with us at the end of each day.

When there is a will there is a way. Being less abled doesn't stop us from doing the things we both enjoy, but sometimes the work arounds are very creative!
Yep the Cricket is one of the mini carts that we considered. As you said the creative work arounds come in many shapes and sizes.
For me the Cricket wasn't the answer but i agree it is a good option for some.

The other mini I considered was the Kangacruz golf cart .
Problem is the only dealer is in Canada , this raised concerns about shipping , its associated costs and what do you do if it breaks ?

As a friend of mine says, it's all about choices ...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.