Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Rest Stops
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #25
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut214 View Post
Just curious as to where exactly Rest Areas are that say No overnight parking. I've never seen that. Isn't that what they're for?
You might think so - but most states don't allow it - or have limitations on where (which roadway). Typically posted as you pull into the rest area.
They are intended for you to pull in and rest certainly - the catch is how long they allow you to stay...

Here is a list of those that ALLOW (one) overnight stay:
(You live in Arizona - one of the states that DOES allow it...)
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • Connecticut
  • Illinois – only on Illinois Toll Road
  • Indiana - only on Indiana Toll Road
  • Kansas
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico
  • New York - emergencies only
  • Ohio - only on Ohio Turnpike
  • Oklahoma
  • Oregon - 14-hour limit
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Wyoming - with some limitations
Source: Rest Stops
My experience has matched the article though in other states - I've never been questioned or asked to move...

Ohio is the only one I've seen with electric hookups you can purchase - but others certainly may have that too...

Georgia (south of Macon if I recall) on I-75 has a very nice area for RV's specifically - also posted as no overnight - I've stayed there multiple times.

Florida rest areas are posted as no overnight - but they have Havens' set up at some weigh stations for trucks to overnight - I've never tried pulling in to one of those... but wouldn't hesitate to use a rest area here if I had the need to.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum