Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
feefof

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35C
State: Wisconsin
THOR #7920
Windsport / Hurricane

Certainly enjoy reading the many informative posts from other Windsport and Hurricane owners. Purchased a left over new 2016 Windsport 35C late May 2017 from Camping World. This is not my first RV however, the other 2 units were Class C.

Since tinkering has always been in my blood, I'll tackle the issue if improvements can be made or when something needs fixing! I am generally satisfied, but have experienced a few issues with this gas Class A coach.

After picking up the coach, noted the following key issues:
1) Ladder was bent at the bottom and broken near mid point.
2) Axerra dual mirror and multiplex radio/cd was not working (later noted that the remote control for this unit was not provided).
3) Inverter would not turn on.

Setup appointment with the Camping World where purchased for the very next week and these (except ladder replacement) were repaired. Five weeks have passed and we are still awaiting delivery of replacement ladder, the Axerra remote control, and a second set of spare keys.

In late June we departed Wisconsin on a planned 6 week tour that has taken us thus far to the Black Hills, Yellowstone, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Santa Fe, NM. A few items have cropped up that we would like to ask others about. They are:
1) Auto leveling system made by Lippert
2) Swintek slide mechanisms
3) Roofing material (EPDM or is it TPO) - Been given both as answers???

The auto leveling system will not allow "zero point re-calibration" in accordance with Lippert manual. Any ideas?

Per Lippert, the Swintek slide mechanism gears must be only lubricated with CRC dry lubricant with TFPE. Availability is non-existent from retailers, but can be special ordered (NAPA). This Teflon-based lubricant can also be purchased through Amazon or Grainger.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the handling of this unit. Read a number of complaints as to handling and am wondering if the year of production has anything to do with it (e.g. 2016 vs. 2015 or earlier). I think this model and year has anti-sway bars both on the front and rear axles. Can anyone confirm???

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.