Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 11:57 PM   #6
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
My '14 Hurricane has been holding up really well.

Things that were replaced during the 1 year warranty:

1. The automatic door steps. A bolt sheared off. The dealer installed an entire new step unit.

2. The Thor logo jewel sticker at the entry door. Yeah, it's kind of a trivial thing, but it should not have fallen off!

3. The rear bathroom vent fan motor. It started to make a squealing noise.

4. The fold-out sofa air mattress. It had a very slow leak that we only noticed after three days of being inflated. It was leaking from the integrated pump.

5. The front porch light. I never "checked" the light during the day time delivery. It was just a lightbulb that that the technician replaced.

6. Keys. I did not receive the small keys to lock the "slam-shut" storage cabinets at delivery. I received keys galore, (two spare sets of everything, including ignition, motor access panel, and entry keys).

7. Overhead Bunk Lift cable. At delivery, the front passenger side lift cable to the overhead bunk was dangling. It supported the bed when fully lowered, but it didn't properly retract when lifted.

8. Overhead Bunk Schwintek lift system. After about six months of carefree RVing, while lifting the bunk to go home, it was going up unevenly. The right side was going much slower than the left. Suddenly a popping noise, and metal worm gear parts had fallen on the floor. I had to lift the right side of the bunk the rest of the way up with my shoulder. The entire lift system, (two motor and gear assemblies, two aluminum rails, and associated parts), was replaced.

9. Tank Heater Pads. I had never used them at that point, or noticed them, but when I took in the motorhome for the steps they found that the pads were becoming "unstuck" to the tanks. They were removed, replaced and tested.

10. Windshield privacy curtains. I noticed what I originally thought was tissue at my feet coming from nowhere. I eventually realized that it was the curtain backing that was disintegrating due to exposure to the sun during storage for months. A new set of curtains were shipped to me.

There was one trip where I thought that the Charger/Voltage Converter was broken. I was not getting 12V to the dash outlets, (where my trusty Fantastic Endless Breeze fan is plugged in), and I couldn't start my generator. I thought that the house batteries were dead from not being charged. I actually called the "Thor Concierge" service guy who walked me thorough a process of trying things, and I learned that when plugging into shore power, (with the pedestal switched off, then on after plugged in), there is a little click noise made near the battery compartment. And that "click" magically connected my house batteries and Charger/Voltage Converter to the generator and all was well with my 34e and the world, (for that moment).

That's it. Nothing else has broken or failed to work properly. We make many local two night weekend trips leaving Friday night and returning on Sunday to local beach/mountain/lake/desert/RVPark campgrounds. I have two teenage kids that are not at all gentle and tend to slam doors, cabinets, and jump around.

We have been camping in 115F degree summer to recent -5F degree winter camping, (local mountains, the tank heaters work fine, nothing froze). All the appliances work, in all modes. So far, so good.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum