Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
In my opinion it's the fact that they build these MH on to light of a frame and suspension.
If you want something that drives decent, and safe, get yourself a rig with freight liner frame and suspension.
I've had 3 different MH over the years. They all drove down the road like bucket of jello.
I agree most motorhome frames lack enough stiffness for what I would consider good handling, so no matter how much money is invested in suspension upgrades, it's not possible to end up with "good" handling. A solid foundation is a necessity.

Having said that, the OP has a relatively small and light motorhome that shouldn't have even had the wheelbase extended like many of the larger ones, so frame flex shouldn't be that bad by comparison. And there are plenty of larger rigs on E-Series that don't have the issue described in OP.

For a Class C that is listed at 24'-10", I just don't understand why Thor wouldn't go with the 176" wheelbase rather than the 158" they build it on (other than cost). An Axis 24.1 is only a few inches longer yet uses a wheelbase 30 inches longer.

In my opinion manufacturers could do a lot better if only they tried, or had design standards they wouldn't cross just to lower cost. Unfortunately, the magical "price point" seems to drive too many decisions which ultimately affect quality.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum