Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #14
Lloyd
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCreek View Post
Can you name one choice for anything even remotely similar to that in a small RV in the real world? Chuckle... "safe" is a perspective that can be argued many different ways! Reading that seemingly gives the OP no hope ... or maybe I missed the point?

I've also had a few MH's over the years and each drove/handled VERY well e.g. I solved the "bucket of jello" and other challenges! Some of them took a bit of work to be "right". FWIW... In van type chassis rigs (context of this thread), my Fords needed more suspension and alignment tuning/help than Dodge or GM/Chevy.

No, I don’t think you missed the point. That’s exactly what I was pointing at---the OP has little if any hope of ever making that rig handle in a decent safe manner. Sorry if that’s blunt and seemly heartless, but it’s better then giving false hope.

Mine were given “a bit of work” and quite a bit of extra money thrown at them in the false hope/believe that it would, or did, some good. After fighting the good fight for a few years I finely got sick of it and went with a 5th wheel. Tows like a dream, and end of white knuckles, frustration, and the continual search for a “fix”.
I drove semi for a few years, and I’ve seen some of those rigs on the road. Some leaning over so bad in a side wind I use wait for them to either end up in the ditch or on their side. Others fighting to keep it on the pavement when they either met a big rig, or was passed by one. It’s not fun for those people who end up in those situations. I feel sorry for each and every one of them.

MH manufactures should be held accountable and made to build them right or not build them at all, but we all know that’s never going to happen. Not as long as there are people out there willing to shell out their hard earned cash thinking theirs will be different.

Rant over.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum