Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 10:55 AM   #3
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I have not seen a lot of people towing a vehicle with shorter wheelbase motorhomes such as the 22E. Not saying it can't be done, but I think it will be a bit more sensitive to the characteristics of the vehicle you are towing.

I'd go for as small and as light if a tow vehicle as I could.

Hopefully someone that tows with the smaller Class C's can provide some info.

Even with my 30ft coach, I struggled with the tow vehicle, and ended up finding a 2002 Pontiac GrandAm in incredible condition. It weighs 3,000lbs, and I am comfortable with that. I was originally going to tow my 4,200lb Taurus, but I had some concern about towing so much weight.

I wanted to keep the tow weight as low as practical - even though my rig can tow up to 5,000lbs. I don't think I would want to tow 5,000lbs with my coach.

When I visited the Four Winds plant awhile back, they were producing Four Winds and Chateau branded coaches interchangeably. The tour guide left me with the impression that the coaches were the same, just branded for different markets/dealers.

As far as Freedom Elite I cannot say as I did not personally see any of them at the plant. But I'd guess this is also a branding situation, as I do believe Freedom Elite coaches are exclusive to Camping World.

While not definitive, I have seen my 28Z in the Freedom Elite brand, and I could not really tell much difference from my Four Winds badged rig.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum