Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 01:53 AM   #2
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
Can anyone suggest a place to stay in or around either of these locations?
I'm making my first extended trip and I'm finding it more difficult than I expected to plan. I don't want to make reservations for everywhere I go but I figured I may need them for certain locations.
I have Allstays Pro and several apps, but would welcome some personal experiences you may have to share.
I do not have a toad and will be renting a car for the 2-3days I'm in this area.
Thanks
Last year. we were going to go north thru Santa Fe & Taos, Red River, etc upon leaving Albuquerque. We researched the RV Park Options in the Taos area with rvparkreviews ... then went to the google satellite view of the location to see what the area looked like. Which I highly recommend. Ultimately, we headed home east and shelved that trip for another time.
If you wind up in Albuquerque, the Bernalillo KOA is very nice...a little tricky to get to....you need advance reservations.
We returned, yesterday, from a 2 week trip to Colorado ..Ouray was our final destination... we were planning on going home ( K.C. ) via Taos, etc .. until we found one lane of the Million Dollar Hiway had slipped away in the Silverton area. Just didn't want to deal with the traffic delays that situation creates.
YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND A DECENT CAMPSITE IN THAT AREA.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.