Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 01:34 PM   #9
kmckinney

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #4575
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrV View Post
While it could be that every CG you have been in has an encrypted digital signal that most Seiki's cannot pick up, I doubt that is your only problem. The fact that you are having issues with cable and OTA makes me think that you have cable continuity issues. Our ACE had bad connectors at every cable join we checked. Signal just could not pass through. We traced and checked/repaired each connection. Because we have 5 TV's and a most inefficient cable run layout we added an additional TV signal booster for the cable TV feed only, and replaced the cheap cable splitters Thor used with much better ones. Voila, awesome picture over the air and thru cable.

And yes, our TV's (replaced all the Seiki's with Samsung WiFi smart TV's purchased on Black Friday deals) may have slightly different channel reception due to tuner strength, signal strength coming into the MH, and and how the cable is routed thru the MH. Only a few channels different though.
Thank you for the information. I can't believe it took us so long to figure out that the snowy cable was not normal. (this is our first RV). I think you may be right that we have multiple issues. I'm not sure we know how to trace and replace the connectors and it sounds pretty expensive to have someone do it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.