Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Rest Stops
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 03:16 AM   #38
DogLovers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in AZ View Post
I've seen so much great info in these forums on just about every aspect of RV'ing. Campgrounds, Walmarts, dry camping, boondocking, full timing... but I have not come across anything about spending the night at state rest areas when traveling cross country.

We are planning to drive from AZ to Ohio and figured on 2 to 3 full days of driving. Are there any things I should know about parking at a rest area for the night along the way?
Nothing wrong with staying in a rest area to get some needed sleep. All kinds come into rest areas including some not so nice people. I'm sure you will be diligent and pick a good parking spot, near light if at night, nearer the entry is better because trucks make more noise going out than in, don't send your wife into the facilities alone at night. Had an issue once many years ago with some creepy people but nothing since. Didn't turn out so well for them, I carry a gun everywhere the law permits😀 With the weirdness in the world today, better safe than sorry. When I do stop over for a nap in a rest area it's just for that "rest". I sleep, walk the dogs and then we leave. I wouldn't say I'm paranoid but I just see no reason to linger in a rest area.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.