Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #11
kmckinney

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #4575
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
First let's figure out the scope of the problem... need at least one known good cable - two or three is better.

Take a known good cable - and run it from the cable source direct to the main selector box (bypassing the RV entrance cable... go through door or window for now...) See if that makes a difference...
If so - the entrance cable is your issue - if not - continue...

Leaving the first cable (if you have more than one), Run a cable from the selector box to one tv... We've now eliminated everything in the RV except for the selector box...

You get the idea... Keep going until you find what makes the difference...
Running a new permanent cable can be interesting - but at least can determine where the problem is without too much pain.

Do be sure the selector switch AND TV are set for the correct source (cable) before scanning...

If you have a tool to verify a cable - can use that too.. Connects to each end and tone/light tells you cable is good... It will NOT work thru a splitter - or if a cable is bad..

My main entrance cable was bad... running a new line from outside to selector box made a world of difference. I've done it temporarily so far passing in under the main slide... Plan to run a new cable down the wall from the selector box, thru the floor, and under the RV to the rear - coming up inside by the input cable outlet.
Great! Thank you for the advice. I will try this. I also talked to Thor and they confirmed that our tvs do not have QAM tuners so they won't work on the cable.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.