Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 08:55 PM   #24
Djfred

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but while it might make you feel better to trash them on every internet site, you are going to make no impact on their bottom line (they are selling them faster then they are churning them out -- which is too fast for quality, just like EVERY other coach manufacturer).

So, you can take the advice offered by another poster, and at most make yourself feel good by trashing them, or you can stay calm and try and work your way up the corporate chain and might get some resolution. You could try the small claims court, but depending on your states law and the written warranty, you may have zero recourse for a manufacturing defect you discovered after the warranty expired (trying to remember if you started this leak journey before or after the warranty expired).

So, again, if you actually want Thor to take action, don't act like an internet troll (even if you have good cause for doing so), because it won't hurt their bottom line and it won't help yours.

At most, do something like post on their Facebook page/twitter feed something like, "Can I please have the contact information for the consumer advocacy group at Thor. In battling a leak for some time, my dealer finally discovered that the factory never installed a critical seal around the window,but unfortunately, after my warranty expired. Even though this was clearly a big mistake during the manufacture of my coach, Thor customer service has said they will not work on it. I have no doubt that the person I spoke to must not understand my issue. Therefore, could you please direct me to the consumer advocacy department...." or something like that.

You've now posted something negative, but respectful, in a very public place, and are seen as someone they want to help. In addition, my advice for sending a respectful account of things to the CEO/COO or similar high level official (or multiple) at Thor, printed out, signed and delivered by Fedex, courier, etc.

Taking steps like that might get your issue resolved and possibly provide you a future high level contact at Thor.

Trashing them all over the internet.... Well, I guess to quote one of my favorite scenes from Red Dawn: Airforce Pilot, "all that hates gonna burn you up" and the kid replies, "it keeps me warm."

If your only intention is to let the anger keep you warm, trash them. If you want a resolution, put together a plan and work your way up the chain of command (or jump to the top) and do it in a respectful, matter of fact way.

As always, we all have opinions like we all have noses, take it or leave it.

thank you for your advice!I will certainly heed it and try to get a resolution in a nice way.Im sure you can understand that I am extremely frustrated and disappointed today.My Axis is now worth nothing with the water damage due to their negligence!Time to go kiss my Wife again!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum