Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Quantum
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #8
Ragegame

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum
State: Alabama
THOR #8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
You can retract the awning manually if you have the correct size socket wrench. But first try it with shore power or the generator running. My awning sometimes gets stuck retracting but the extra voltage associated with being on the charger always has been sufficient to get it moving again. I'm going to try lubricating the many pivot points to see if that helps.
So I had to get online to find the proper manual since the one that Thor provided covered class As and Cs and didn't have my awning, jacks, and other components in it. I had to stack a chair on a picnic table to start retracting. It is very slow. I got doused by pooled up water and now my drill won't work. Waiting on a neighbor to charge his to borrow. I get low voltage messages on the jacks even when the generator is on? Plugged in they seem to work. My zero point is pretty far off though. I tried manual but can't seem to keep the wheels on the ground unless I accept a 2-3 degree tilt nose down. Clearance is 5 3/4 retracted in the front and 6.5 retracted in the back. This was a concern but there's literally no more room to move the jacks upward (on the front ones) since it's already butted up against the frame.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum