Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 11:23 PM   #19
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCreek View Post
Funny ... we were talking about how ultra safe we were with the bears in the area and all the tent campers! We keep a tidy camp to minimize risk for damage critters can cause. Sort of like all you have to do is run a little faster than the other guy ... keep your sight cleaner than the next camp so it's less inviting. Very simple, food and trash should never be left outside. It is always those folk next to us with food and trash out that we see experience wildlife in or as a dangerous setting.

That fox was big and the others around us thought they saw a wolf or coyote because of size. I was snoozing in a chair when I opened an eye to see him trotting down the road and into a next camp site. I got the camera and took off after him to get that picture as he avoided me. Didn't get to see a bear though some reported one up a hiking trail not far away. The forest service had many signs warning about bears in the area.

If I recall correctly the campsite we stayed at in Yellowstone in May didn't allow any tents or soft-sided vehicles of any kind -- probably because of bears. After seeing a couple of grizzly adults from a safe distance in or near the park, I can see where it's necessary to protect campers, but also the bears. They look like they could do a lot of damage in seconds; and they would end up being put down.

By the way, what RV or camping type did you have/do before the Axis that let you pursue off-road adventures to a greater degree?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.