Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 08:09 PM   #24
Steve70605

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyeuse View Post
We just purchased an Aria (model 3401) as an upgrade from the Thor Vegas 25.3 we used for about 14 months. Just brought it home 2 days ago & we'll be taking it out for its maiden voyage in less than a week. We did have 2 additional solar panels installed for more dry camping versatility. They're pretty tough to find right now & the factory rep said that orders placed now aren't shipping until December, so we were lucky to snag ours (it was the last one available in our state).

So far, so good although we did have a few minor issues that weren't addressed by the dealer that were addressed today (fantastic service over a holiday weekend!). It's an amazing motor coach & is much easier to drive than the Thor Vegas was!...

One really strange issue was that the fan that's hooked into the solar/inductor system stayed on for about 15 hours after the coach was powered down (but we had the house batteries still connected). Once we disabled/turned off the house batteries, the fan turned off. The technician who took care of the other issues told us that it was normal for the fan to run for hours and hours after the coach was powered down. I couldn't find anything that talked about this in any of the manuals anywhere or on any other forums, so I thought I'd mention it here.

It's a stunningly beautiful motor coach! I'm looking forward to using it for many years. :-)
If you are talking about the fan in the passenger rear compartment it is there to cool the inverter. it works off of a thermister in side the compartment. It is located next to the engine so it runs a long time after coach is shut down.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.