Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #40
Hittntherooad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
curious, how much trouble did you have fishing the line voltage cable across or through the ceiling, up at the AC?

Anyway, too bad they don't make an RV unit smaller, say in the 5,000 btu to 8,000 btu range. I'll bet just a little one like that as the secondary unit would be more than enough to take care of the issue and would keep the power loading way down....simplifying a lot of this.

It's been too many years since I used to work on little window units so I had to look up an example.... found an 8,000 btu window unit rated at 6.2A....just for a point of reference.
The wire was pretty stiff so I ran it across to the exterior wall which on mine was inside the bedroom tv cabinet. I put a junction box there and ran the rest of the way down the inside corner of the hanging closet which is right above my black tank water pump valve compartment.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.