Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 04:49 PM   #3
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauserdude67 View Post
I am taking my first long distance trip in my Axis next month. I live in the Texas panhandle and am planning to go up through New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Idaho and finally into Oregon to settle just West of Baker City for my motorcycle club meeting. I am going to be driving straight up to the meet, but am planning on taking a little more time coming back. I was wondering if there are some "must see" places on my way back through Idaho and Utah? I'd prefer to be in mountainous areas vs. baking in the desert heat, but would love to hear any suggestions you folks may have. Thank you.
Utah has so much to offer...your best guide would be go google Utah attractions and plan your trip accordingly. You cannot make a mistake on any of the magnificent scenery !
If you are coming down to NM via 4 Corner area...there is Mesa Verde in SW Colorado...(much more if you are taking a different route) .. in northern NM there is Santa Fe, Taos, Eagles Nest, Red River etc.
If passing thru Tucumcari, take in the old portion of US 66 .. it is arguably the best portion of 66 left.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum