Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 09:54 AM   #9
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
The air admittance valve is a pretty simple device. First make sure it's screwed down tight by hand, if it is and you still have a smell check the valve itself. Unscrew the valve, go to a sink, turn it upside down and fill with water, if it leaks out the valve is bad and needs to be replaced. New valves are available at most plumbing and hardware stores.

The biggest problem is the valves usually aren't screwed in tight from the factory. Remove the valve, put a couple of wraps of teflon tape around the threads, insert and tighten firmly by hand, this usually fixes the problem.

As I said before I added the 360 vent to both tank vents. The factory vent covers are very restrictive and don't get good airflow to vent the rank. Installing a 360 vent is relatively simple and doesn't take long, did both of mine in about 30 min. You will need some self leveling Dicor for the job.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum