Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 08:27 AM   #41
laberj45

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
slide issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego travelers View Post
Goodness! We are contemplating purchasing a Windsport. Not enjoying hearing about the slide out problems, refusing acceptance, and that level of stress trying to get warranty work done. 😱🤔
I can't speak for all RVs. But our full wall slide in the 34.3 bunkhouse model came with 2 tracs. It was supposed to come with the 3TRAX system. Our slide has a lot of weight in it - and powered by the Schwintek electric motor system.

It was remanufactured by the dealer. But it failed repeatedly. The slide was now drifting outward by almost 2 inches during travel - causing us to send it to Thor for a final fix (over 900 miles).

Thor did repairs and sent it back to us. The slide still drifted out as the RV was delivered back to us.

I really don't believe ours was a lemon. I think that the system in ours was just under-engineered for the sheer weight. Thor is not admitting to that, and causing us all kinds of breech of warranty grief - if that helps make your decision.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum