Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #28
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
I highly recommend you do intense research and due diligence regarding where and who is going to perform after sales service. There are going to be warranty issues -- I guarantee. Do you want to drive hundreds of miles for service? Do you want a dealer to refuse to service or put you at the end of their service schedule because you did not buy from them?

It might cause you heartburn to learn that when you researched price, you could have gotten a better deal somewhere else. But to drive hours for service, or have your rig parked in a dealer's service yard waiting for Thor repair approval, or parts, or space in the repair quo is really going to cause you major angst. You can find hundreds of threads right here in this forum regarding owners unhappy with dealer after the sale service.

I don't know if this is your first RV, but getting g RV service is not like a car. Buy a Toyota and have a warranty issue -- take it to any Toyota dealer anywhere and they will fix it. RV's on the other hand are a different issue. Just because a dealer sells Thor products does not mean he'll service yours or give you the same priority as someone who bought from him. I just want you to be aware of that. After you find a dealer where you intend to buy, if it is some distance from where you live, check with the dealer whose service you intend to use to be sure there will be no problem getting it serviced.

Do your homework regarding service (you can thank me later).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum