Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 04:26 AM   #53
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderdog View Post
I have a buddy who refuses to buy any rv with a slide. He buys class A used and they are getting scarce in good condition, but he hates slides. Traveling a lot, he has witnessed many slide problems in campgrounds. I have to admit that with just the wife and me traveling I'm considering a non slide Axis myself or at least a small slide that is easy to move manually if a problem rears its head and that can be left closed and still be usable, such as a dinette or sofa.
Our bedroom slide on the Axis 25.2 went sideways during the PDI. It was repaired immediately (new motor) and has not been a problem since. Yes, I hold the switch when the slide is opened or closed for the extra time (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi...) but must admit that each time I open or close the slide a small bit of fear is unavoidable. Will it work this time? So far, so good.
There are no non-slide Axis to date, and was told by Thor they don't have present plans to introduce one.

I contacted Thor on three different occasions to see if I could special order an Axis 24.1 without the front slide (living/kitchen area would be like your 25.2 which doesn't have a slide) and was told no. The third time was my final attempt, so I've moved on. It's their business and their choice to build whatever they want, and it's my choice to pass on an RV I don't really want.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.