Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #35
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Yes, agree Jamie. Sure didn't want to start a tankless vs. tank type water heater war.... My previous comment was meant to suggest that if he could get a discounted deal on the '16 model, some of the changes were not worth paying extra for. If some are happy with the tankless, as I have commented before, that's a good thing. We have no complaints with the tank type and haven't run out of hot water, possibly because we know we are dry camping in a RV... She hasn't run out when we have full hook ups for that matter.... I will say that we paid top $$ for one in our house and there isn't one local plumber that knows how to service it.
It is very likely that the tankless one you put in is much better than the one Thor now puts in the units as there are many questions and comments about the ones in the newer units.

I really like the idea of a tankless heater for many of the reasons you put one in but since we've never had an issue with a std water heater in any of our RV's (2 TT's, a 5er and now the Axis) I've never really given it a thought.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum