Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 06:23 PM   #1
CustomerRS26

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: RS26
State: Alberta
THOR #8480
Angry Quality Control of Thor

I am not happy about the quality of The new Thor I purchased, nor the customer support!! Here is a list of problems that have had to be fixed by the dealer. These are not dealer issue; but are quality control issues from Thor;
- Replaced water pump
- Replace/re-engineer leading mud flaps as they came off
- Repair roof leak around A/C unit
- Repair no A/C air flow through ducts
- Clean under and behind all panels, drawers, openings as full of sawdust, wiring ends, drilled out hole plugs, styrofoam coming from all ducts (after fixed), etc.
- Toilet water line under tension due to pipeline hole in wrong place
- All holding tank wiring hanging down, had to be re-routed
- Gas line hanging down had to be re-routed
- Fresh water drain line had to be re-routed due to hanging to low to drain properly
- Flooring pealing in spots
- Had to remove screwed down panels to access winterizing valves
- Had to re-cillicone molding on roof as it had peeled away
- Had to have the main drain pipe cut and raised so it would not drag so easy
- RV door not sealed, could see light through the door when closed
- Last but not leased the awning will extend; but will not retract. Dealer replaced the motor; but no fix. Thor has disowned the problem so the dealer is absorbing the cost of a new awning!!! Love the dealer, hate Thor customer care. Thor has zero quality control, and will not follow through their own quality issues!!! On top of all this the Ford E450 had a massive oil leak that Ford fixed on warranty.

I hope no one asks me what I think of Thor customer care!!!!! Never have I seen so many issues on a new unit. I have owned two 5th wheels, a truck camper, a pull trailer, and now this motorhome....I have had more issues with this unit than all the other units put together. Thor should stand by the lemon law...they can have it back!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum