Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 03:06 PM   #13
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
So we should all just shut up and be happy with all the problems that came with our $100,000 motor home? A lot of us are first time owners, including me and were shocked with all the crappy design and workmanship that is only noticed once we bought it, brought it home and actually used it. Don't try to justify a whole industry pushing crap on the unsuspecting public. Remember the late '70s and early '80s American automobiles? They were pretty nice compared to the current RV industry.
Unfortunately SuperD is right... they have no incentive to change... Its not justifying it - just hard facts...

The auto industry didn't change until the Japanese imports took away their sales with better quality cars... It takes a economic impact to force change... I don't see foreign imports competing for RV's - but it would be a wake up call for the industry if they did.
If people stopped buying RV's because of the quality - it would force a change - but that doesn't seem to be happening...

I've had friends interested in RV'ing - and I encourage it - but insure they come in with their eyes open... If I can't fix the industry - I can at least let my input into the 'unsuspecting public' make them aware before they leap...

Should we 'shut up and be happy about it' - certainly not... but there isn't a high quality choice out there that we can choose to spend our money on instead... They ALL have the same quality issues...

If even ONE manufacturer would step up and address it - it would force a change... but it is a risk, expensive, and I'm not holding my breath...
But if you are reading this Thor - think about the competitive advantage you would have if you took the lead...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.